By Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen
This all-encompassing encyclopedia offers a wide standpoint on U.S. politics, tradition, and society, but additionally is going past the evidence to think about the myths, beliefs, and values that support form and outline the nation.
• bargains nearly 225 entries masking U.S. politics, tradition, society, and beliefs
• contains an introductory review of the forces that experience formed and proceed to form American political tradition and a concluding essay that gathers key thematic threads and appears towards the future
• Covers the myriad ways that American political tradition impacts different elements of yankee society
• Examines how cultural symbols and ideology are manipulated to enhance political pursuits and determine govt authority
• Connects new concerns comparable to social media and sexual politics with the political culture
Read or Download American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 PDF
Best practical politics books
Resistance at the back of Bars is a crucial and uplifting name to finish prisons as they at present are, supported by means of tales of struggles and uprisings in women's prisons through the years. whereas many have heard of the 1971 Attica criminal rebellion, the 1974 August uprising is still quite unknown even in activist circles.
Offering a finished and leading edge exam of this significant continent, Routledge guide of African Politics surveys the main debates and controversies, facing all of the significant matters to be present in Africa’s politics at the present time. dependent into 6 wide parts, the guide positive aspects over 30 contributions concentrated around:The nation id clash Democracy and Electoral Politics Political economic system & improvement diplomacy ?
This assortment provides a different photo of the kingdom of democracy in Asia, revealing specified findings from a undertaking entitled the 'Asia Democracy Initiative' which explored the function of normal humans in democratization during the upward thrust of expressive social values in Indonesia, South Korea, the Philippines and Thailand.
In a wide-ranging and provocative new learn, Bert A. Spector offers a serious research of previous and current theories of management. Spector asserts that our notion of management affects who we vote for, who we lease and advertise, and finally, who we elect to furnish our authority to. targeting management in discourse, the publication units out to discover how the proposal of management has been articulated, studied and debated via teachers, but in addition through practitioners, reporters, and others who search to steer the strategies of others.
- Policy-Analyse in der Schweiz: Besonderheiten, Theorien, Beispiele (German Edition)
- The Red Sea Region: Local Actors and the Superpowers (Routledge Library Editions: Politics of the Middle East)
- Managing State Fragility: Conflict, Quantification and Power (Routledge Studies in Liberty and Security)
- Representation and Institutional Design
Additional info for American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3
American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 by Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen